Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dear Jesus



Dear Jesus,

When you were praying in the Garden, you saw me.  You knew you had to die, so I could be set free.  You carried your heavy cross to Calvary.  It was all because of your great love for me. 
They mocked you, spit in your face, and stripped you of your robe.  They drove the nails into your hands and feet, but you knew that you had to suffer for me.  It was there on that cross where you took my place.  You died for my sins, so I wouldn’t have to pay. 
And that’s what you did, you paid my debt.  I am yours because you won me with your blood.  I have victory because you won my battle.  When you saved me, my sins were buried.    
I have been given the greatest gift, and that gift is you.  This is the best gift one could ever receive.  I am so thankful that I have been given this undeserving gift. 
I was once insignificant but through your suffering, I was made significant.  You saw me as someone who was worth dying for.  I truly believe you are someone who is worth losing everything for.  I live, so that you can live through me.  I greatly owe you for what you have done for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment