Thursday, February 21, 2013

God is My Potter, and I am his Clay




“So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel.  But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.  Then the word of the Lord came to me.  He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord.  “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel.”-Jeremiah 18:3-6.
             

I was once just a lump of shapeless clay, until I put my life into the potter’s hands.  God is my potter, and I am his clay.  With the great warmth of his hands, God has molded and shaped me into a beautiful vase.  God made me into a beautiful vase so I can hold flowers with the fragrance of his heart.  As much as I try to remain without blemish, life comes along and I crack under the pressure.  However, I am not useless in the sight of God.    Rather than discarding me, God continues to use me for his own unique purpose.  Instead of smoothing out my edges, God keeps the cracks so the glory of his presence can shine for everyone to see.  It doesn’t matter what shape I’m in, I will always remain God’s own unique design.  I am one of a kind.  This makes me priceless in the eyes of my creator.  I thank God each and every day for making me who I am today.  I want to bring glory and honor to the one who made me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment